Durgapur Women’s College Family wholeheartedly welcomes you all to be the part of the family and assures you a great journey ahead.
Durgapur Women’s College wants to “Spread the Light” and transform her students into self-confident, independent, thoughtful and powerful women.
The mission is to provide innovative educational environments, opportunities, and experiences that enable individuals, communities, and the region to grow, thrive and prosper.
“Spread the Light”. We want to help you become the best versions of yourselves, the great citizens who stand for love, light, empowerment, inspiration, hope, happiness and peace.
The college members wish to create an environment that resonates with the vision of our beloved world-poet Rabindranath Tagore, which he expresses in his poem ‘Where the Mind is Without Fear’.
We are here for you, dear students. Our job is to make sure your college experience is everything it should be –exciting, stimulating, new insight-giving, successful, and a lifetime memory. Our motto is “Spread the Light”. We want to help you become the best versions of yourselves, the great global citizens who stand for love, light, empowerment, inspiration, hope, happiness and peace.
The Founder Mr.Shyamal Brahma has an indomitable urge to expand the field of education & finally he took an initiative to establish a women college with 30 acre of land, a football ground, swimming pool, basket ball court and many other amenities. Mr. Shyamal Brahma wishes to help grow the empowered and enlightened women. His dream is to take this College to great heights in academia and in all aspects of achievement
WE, THE DWC FAMILY PROMISE TOGETHER TO PRACTICE THE FOLLOWING:
- Support the mission and vision of the College.
- Focus on students’ needs and encourage creativity, innovation, and their all-round development.
- Respond to the changing needs of our college community in a timely manner.
- Continuously evaluate and improve/create programs, services, systems, and policies, to meet identified needs and promote continuous improvement.
- Treat everyone in DWC Family with dignity and encourage feelings of self-worth.
- Recognize and support employee and student contributions and strive to develop and pursue higher standards.
- Respect diversity; we believe that our similarities and differences are opportunities for establishing a common bond and strengthening the College.
- Employ an efficient, sincere and smart College workforce and ensure fair and equal access for all.
- Recognize, appreciate, and celebrate the strength of diversity.
- Seek and consider multiple points of view from all the students and members of DWC Family.